The Council and Civil Parish of Seighford
The Parish is mainly rural in character and comprises the three villages, (sometimes referred to as wards), of Derrington, Great Bridgeford and Seighford.
On the east side the Parish is bisected by the M6 Motorway. On the northern side, the Parish extends to just beyond the Worston Mill pub and to close to the A518 (Stafford to Newport Road) on the southern boundary. The River Sow and the West Coast Main Railway Line run through the Parish together with the A5013 Eccleshall Road. On the western side it is bounded by Haughton, Ranton, Ellenhall and Eccleshall and adjoins six other parishes and borders the town of Stafford.
Ladfordfields Industrial Estate comprises a wide variety of businesses and is a major employer in the area. Leisure pursuits are well catered for as the Parish is home to Staffordshire Gliding Club, Seighford Driving Experiences, Seighford Lakes, the Millenium Green and a playing field at Derrington, a playing field at Great Bridgeford and a small “kick about” field at Seighford. The Parish Church of Saint Chads and the Cooper Perry Primary School are both located in Seighford Village.
The total population of the parish is about 1800 with approximately 380 dwellings in Derrington, about 330 in Great Bridgeford and about 125 in Seighford. Seighford Parish is served by a Council comprised of 3 wards, with 4 Councillors representing Derrington, 3 representing Great Bridgeford and one representing Seighford.